Source: www.hotelschool.cornell.edu “We found that when people are browsing through search results, they tend to look more frequently at hotel names than any other feature, and that pictures of the hotel appear to be hugely influential during both stages of the search. Our next project will be to dig more deeply into what we uncovered […]
Search Engine Marketing
Full extract (ppt) and video of the Google Hangout presentation of the Google’s 2014 Traveler’s Road To Decision Study made in collaboration with Ipsos MediaCT. Google – The 2014 Traveler’s Road To Decision from Francesco Canzoniere Here a quick recap of the most important insights: – 76% of leisure travelers select an OTA for its lower
Searchmetrics recently launched their yearly Ranking Factors Study that bases numbers on rank correlation and averages of top 10 SEO rankings. The 2014 analysis shows that content on top-performing sites is much more holistic and less keyword-focused. In this post, Marcus Tober, founder and CTO of Searchmetrics, explains why you should focus on more than just keywords when it comes to technical aspects of your site, and how you can create relevant, comprehensive content for users.
Learn how to integrate a successful SEO strategy into your customer’s buying journey.
Author and Internet marketing expert Pam Neely shows you how to interpret search intent.
1) Check the bounce rate of your pages
2) Check your click-through rates
3) Compare your internal search queries to the queries the search engines are sending you
4) Use SEMrush to see which keywords your competitors are getting traffic from, and which keywords they are bidding on
5) Try out the keyword database at Zenya.com, where they have categorized 600 million keywords by search intent.
6) Do a survey
7) Begin with the end in mind