Full extract (ppt) and video of the Google Hangout presentation of the Google’s 2014 Traveler’s Road To Decision Study made in collaboration with Ipsos MediaCT.
Here a quick recap of the most important insights:
– 76% of leisure travelers select an OTA for its lower prices and better deals.
– 53% of business travelers select an OTA for its better site tools and options.
– 20% of travelers move to competitors’ sites due to a poor mobile experience.
– 13% of travelers stop using brand altogether due to a poor mobile experience.
– Over 65% of travelers begin researching online before deciding where or how they want to travel.
– Travelers are less loyal to Hotels’ Brand sites & apps and increasingly turn to search engines for online trip planning.
– During the comparing stage of their trip planning is when Travelers rely the most on specific brand names/websites searches and also on price-related terms searches.
View the complete and insightful video presentation at the end of the above embedded ppt or just go straight to: www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3vCrnIKm_k