As marketers, helping search engines understand what our content means is one of our most important tasks. Search engines can’t read pages like humans can, so we incorporate structure and clues as to what our content means. This post explores a series of on-page techniques that not only build upon one another, but can be combined in sophisticated ways.
- Term frequency–inverse document frequency
- Keyword Usage within certains elements
- Synonyms and Close Variants
- Page Segmentation
- Semantic Distance and Term Relationships
- Co-occurrence and Phrase-Based Indexing
- Entity Salience