Full extract (ppt) and video of the Google Hangout presentation of the Google’s 2014 Traveler’s Road To Decision Study made in collaboration with Ipsos MediaCT. Google – The 2014 Traveler’s Road To Decision from Francesco Canzoniere Here a quick recap of the most important insights: – 76% of leisure travelers select an OTA for its lower prices and better deals. – 53%…
Some valuable insights about the complexity of the traveler’s search-shop-buy journey, such as:
– Mean touch points = 6.5 (up to 7,9 for people 25-34 age old)
– Number of touch points on mobile=1, desktop=5
– Mobile devices used more by youngsters during the online travel planning journey
– 23% of bookings are “mobile”
– OTAs are the first place that travel websites consumers visit when they plan trips. Google second and Tripadvisor alike websites third.