– Booking.com have topped the multichannel overall league table with thehighest score in five out of six of the customer journey stages (First Impressions, Initial Research Search, Search Results, Booking Process, Design & usability)
– Hotels.com were a close second with an excellent App score.
– The multichannel rankings were again dominated by the Hotel sector with Late Rooms completing the overall top three.
– Best Western achieved a top score in the customer support category.
– Booking.com topped the desktop rankings coming first in every stage of the customer journey.
– Quality of search experience is improving with an increasing number of brands achieving ‘excellent’ ratings.
– The experience on Apps and mobile sites continues to lag behind more established website scores as brands continue to get to grips with optimising the travel customer experience on mobile.
– Delivering a quality initial research mobile that is on a par with desktop sites continues to be a the main challenge although brands such as Expedia, Hotels.com and Booking.com are beginning to buck the trend and score well in this area.